Friday, January 4, 2008

Welcome To The Revolution

***INCOMING MESSAGE FROM EYOCKEY***

I'll be using this blog to document the development process as I put together this Total Conversion. I might also talk about the workarounds and problems I encounter in the Max Payne modding process to help those of you also working on MAX-FX mods (if any).

Why Max Payne 2? Does anyone still play that?
I wanted to test-drive the MAX-FX engine for use in development on low-tech platforms, and I wanted to familiarize myself with a complete set of development tools and assemble a complete project for my portfolio. A "public release" wasn't even in the cards at first, but the Marathon community deserves to be thrown a bone every now and then, even if they are a needlessly cryptic bunch ;)

Max Payne 1 and 2 for PC are also available on Steam ($10 USD for Max Payne 2 $15 USD for the bundle at the time of this writing), and these versions will run modifications. Check out these releases at Steam's site. Good timing, I guess!

Marathon 2: Durandal is available on XBox Live via developer Freeverse (800 points at the time of this writing). Freeverse has done an amazing job, and I highly encourage all of you to support their efforts.

The original Marathon series by Bungie is available for free at http://trilogyrelease.bungie.org. Classic Mac users need only download those files, but PC and OSX users will need the AlephOne client at http://sourceforge.net/projects/marathon/ and can also play online.

I hope you all enjoy this mod as much as I enjoy making it.

***END OF MESSAGE***

No comments: